Friday, July 19, 2013

[REVIEW] THE FACE SHOP MANGO SEED TONER

Hey beauties! I'm set for another skin care review buuuuut, I decided to take a break from the (sample size) make-up/skincare review because I want to do a review on this product which I am using for 2 months now. The product is a toner from The Face Shop and it's called Mango Seed toner.

While i was in Korea, I went crazy for a while because of the abundance of make-up and because of that, I forgot to buy a toner for myself. So I went back to the Philippines and noticed I wasn't able to buy a toner. Luckily, my chingu (friend) was still in Korea. So, I went online and searched for a good toner to match my superduper dry skin. I went to the website of Skinfood, Missha, Nature Republic, Holika Holika but The Face Shop caught my attention because they were on sale at that time. So I hurriedly asked my friend if she can buy me this toner and so she did. She sent it to me via parcel along with other goodies and I got the parcel within 4 days. It was fast!!! and It wasn't that expensive too, plus I got more samples hihihi.

So, as I've said, I've been using this toner for almost 2 months now and decided to make a review about it before I ran out of it :D Currently, I took a break in using this toner since my face is a disaster right now, It has'nt been this bad since... 3 years ago? I have breakeouts on the forehead, chin, nose and eyebrow area. I dunno why and I can't blame the toner because my skin was good even after I used it for a month (I'm using my old toner for acne right now ;) I don't know why this happened, I am suspecting that unhealthy eating habbits and bad sleeping patterns are the culprit :))  Which is why I'm trying hard to sleep early now :P

So let's start reviewing!!!!

BRAND: THE FACE SHOP

PRODUCT: MANGO SEED TONER


PRICE:  16,900 ₩ (625 Php.) but I got this at 11,830₩ (438 Php.) because it was on saaaaale! So for a toner this BIG, it's kinda cheap but I don't know how much this is priced here in the Philippines.


DESCRIPTION: 



ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:


DIRECTIONS: Shake the bottle before use to mix the two layers (Yes, it comes in two layers). Apply to face by using your hands or a cotton pad. Pat lightly for full absorption XD


TEXTURE: It's watery but not THAT watery, it's a little creamy which differs it from the regular toners.


SCENT: Mild fruity scent but nowhere near that of mangoes

PROS:
- It doesn't sting especially around the eye area where the skin is the thinnest 
- I like the mildness of the scent (but I'd still prefer unscented products)
- It is very moisturizing, I recommend it for people with very dry skin :)
- The bootle is PORCELAIN!!! and its heavy too (dunno if this is a good thing or a bad thing tho)

CONS:
- At first, the pump bottle was okay but lately, I don't know why but the pump clogs up some amount of the product and it is very messy and sometimes, the pump doesn't dispense or if it does, it dispenses air bubbles.
- I don't really know if this is the culprit for my zits, but if it also gave you breakouts, please let me know so that I won't be using it again. :)

P.S. Its box can be transformed into a paper toy but I can't read hangul so, I don't know how to assemble it. Do you know? ㅋㅋㅋ 

That's all for now!!!!
BYERS! ~<3


CIAO!!!







1 comment:

  1. in my opinion, the best series of faceshop skin care is the mango seed. It is moisture my face skin but not to oily and greasy. it absorbed fast and didnt leave any residues. Love it.

    ReplyDelete