Thursday, July 18, 2013

[REVIEW] THE FACE SHOP AURA COLOR CONTROL CREAM

Hey beauties! 


I'm back! :)

As promised, I'm gonna do another (sample size) make-up review on a CC cream. Yes, you heard it right! a CC cream. While BB creams are currently a thing of the past, CC creams now took over its the make-up and skin care world. While I was in Korea this was the "in" make-up/skin care product as it promises better skin results. According to experts, CC creams are a better and a more refined version of the BB cream. 

Universally, CC stands for Color Control but Different make-up lines/brands have other meaning to the abbreviation CC (Color Correction, etc.), but for Tha Face Shop, CC means Color Control. 

BRAND: The Face Shop

PRODUCT: Aura Color Control Cream SPF 30 PA++

                                                  FRONT

PRICE: Got the sample size for free but at that time, the regular product costs around 24,000 ₩ (quite expesive actually

DESCRIPTION: Face It CC Cream is a color-controlling cream that brightens you complexion and keeps your morning make-up intact without any darkening. Also, this CC cream promises not to oxidize on skin even if it has SPF in it. Unlike BB creams, this CC cream doesn't turn ashy after hours and hours of sun exposure.

- Anti-aging
- Skin brightening
- Anti-oxidation
- Sun Protection
- Gives radiantly glowing skin


APPLCATION: The regular ones sold in the market has a nice packaging. It's in a compact with a sponge applicator. Currently in Korea there is this new wave of make-up application called CUSHION application. I saw some video reviews of this CC cream online and I think the actual product has the cushion application which is a big fad in Korea right now. I'm just not sure though... you can correct me if I'm wrong hihihi

COLOR: I read the packaging and there was no sign of any number indicating its color and I can't read hangul!!! ㅋㅋㅋ anyway, there is a picture down below and that is the actual color :)

TEXTURE: Creamy but a little watery :)


FINISH: When it's still wet, you get that shimmery/watery feeling but it dries up after sometime and you get that dewy to slightly matté finish

COVERAGE: Medium. Now, the problem with CC creams is usually the coverage. If you want a FULL coverage better use a BB instead because CC creams offer a more natural looking glow on the skin. It does slightly cover blemishes and red spots but you have to use a good concealer to conceal your ugly zits ㅋㅋㅋ


SCENT: Mild Fresh Floral Scent

Here goes my verdict!!!

PROS:
- The coverage, I know I just said that it doesn't conceal zits or give you that full coverage but I love it because it gives you that natural and fresh glow on your skin.
- It doesn't oxidize that much unlike BB creams or foundations with SPF
- non-drying on the face

CON:
- the actual price!!! :3
I guess that's just it :)

OVERALL RATING: 4/5

REPURCHASE: I'll think about it. Maybe, if I have a lot of mooooolah :)

MORE SWATCHES!!!!


HOW ABOUT YOU?

Have you tried this product?
What are your thoughts?
Feel free to share and comment down below :D

CIAO! <3





No comments:

Post a Comment